Monday, December 10, 2012

On crying

While on my way home from work today, a girl walked past me crying.
She seemed like she was struggling with her tear ducts so I went up to her and extended a packet of tissues.

She smiled a sad smile and I told her, "everything is going to be alright." Which, on hindsight, was rather presumptuous of me since you know, maybe things aren't ever going to be alright for her. She could be planning suicide tonight. Whatever the case, she accepted it with a polite, "thank you" and I gave her a pat on the back.
Her sniffles lost a bit of control then but they were quickly placed back on silent. I told her that she wasn't alone, and I wished I could cry. Then walked away.

Revealing personal information to strangers you'd never meet again is strangely liberating.

0 comments:

To fulfil your stalkerish desires,

_

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP